Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunset in the Flint Hills



I've been away for a long time, over 2 years. I stopped blogging for several reasons, but mostly because I was spending too much time online and I needed to cut back. Much has changed since then, and I think perhaps it's time for me to start writing again.

The changes in my life are big; I'm now divorced, I have moved half way across the country (the picture above is from the Flint Hills in Kansas-just a few hours away from my new home in Kansas City), and I have changed careers. Other things have stayed the same; I still am a political junkie, I still am fascinated by the ways politics interacts with theology, and I still love music.

My blog previously focused almost exclusively on politics. I imagine that I will continue to write about that subject a lot but hope to branch out and talk about other things that I love (cooking, music, hiking, etc.) All of my previous jobs involved writing, whether it was producing an entire newsletter, writing articles, preaching, or even writing curriculum. I don't write anything for my new job (which I'm sure I'll blog about in the future) so I though it would be good to have some place where I force myself to organize my thoughts on a computer screen. I was also inspired to blog again by a conversation with a friend last night.

So, here we go!

No comments: