Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Real Animal...


...is here. I picked up (actually I downloaded) Alejandro Escovedo's latest, which was released today. I've listen through 1.5 times. It's good. The Alejandro albums with which I am most familiar are from the late 90's through today, so this one shows a bit of a new side of Alejandro to me. I dig his alt-country stuff from the past decade, but this one goes back to his punk and rock roots.

My first impression is that the things about Alejandro's music that I love are definitely present. Melody might not be his strong suit, but his arrangements (particularly the use of strings) are wonderful. I think I will need to listen a few more times before having anything more insightful to say.

The video below is of Alejandro talking about Real Animal.

No comments: