Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dr. Horrible

My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew arrived in town today, so there won't be much blog activity for the next week or so. To tide you over (since I know there are maybe one of two of you that actually read this thing on a regular basis) I must link to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which started on Tuesday. My understanding of its origin is that during the writer's strike, Joss Whedon was playing around with ideas on how to distribute content online. The resulting three part, 40 minute musical comedy is off to a good start. It features Neil Patrick Harris (if you only know of him from Doogie Howser, then you don't know him. He is a legitimate Broadway star and has an Emmy nomination for his current show How I Met Your Mother), Nathan Fillion (who worked with Whedon on Firefly and Serenity) and Felicia Day (who worked with Whedon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Go check out Dr. Horrible, and be sure to stick with it past the opening bit where he's reading emails. Once the music starts, it gets much better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dr. Horrible blog alas is now only available through iTunes. But you are right, it was hilarious! Hopefully there will be more, then a DVD, and then I will be NetFlixing it!

Chip said...

I know that Whedon is planning to release a DVD. All of the commentary on it will be sung!

On a completely unrelated note, chef matt, I used your margarita recipe last night. Fortunately my sister and brother-in-law like to pucker as much as I do, so they loved them! I have added a bit of a simple syrup when I've made them for folks who are less hardcore.