Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Wayback Machine

On Wednesday, the girl with whom I attended my senior prom stopped by the kitchen where I work. Kathy was in town visiting her parents. Her sister-in-law, Sarah (who also was a member of our graduating class) works with me at the kitchen and suggested that Kathy should come in to say "hello." She reminded me that this cooking thing with me goes way back. For our prom, I cooked as elegant a dinner as is possible for an 18 year old boy to make.

It was fun to hear about Kathy and her husband. She had pictures of their kids (all 4 of them!) with her. Kathy and I got to know each other through music (she played bass in the orchestra while I played tuba - the bass instruments always stuck together!) She somehow finds time to teach a couple of strings classes a week at her kids' school.

Then today, my best friend from childhood showed up in the comments on my post about the Colorado trip. I guess it shows how out of touch I am, but I thought KC was still living in Asia. It turns out that he's back in Overland Park. It will be great to see him, and his family, again.

I wonder who from my past will show up next!

No comments: