Thursday, August 07, 2008

91% Male

All the cool blogs today have been linking to this nifty tool that uses your web browsing history and makes a prediction as to your gender. Since I want to be one of the cool blogs, too, I just had to join in. According to my history (I have Firefox set to keep 90 days of history), there is a 91% likelihood that I am male.

What the author of this little javascript script did was have your browser to find out which of the Quantcast top 10,000 sites you have visited and examined the male to female ratio of the users of those sites. Basically, the websites I visit are mostly read by men (news, politics, sports were the one with the highest ratio) The places I visited that are mostly read by women were shopping sites (amazon, various airline sites, etc)

No comments: