Monday, May 26, 2008

Running Update

Well, I did my first organized run this morning. Despite the threat of thunderstorms, the weather wasn't too bad. There was some light sprinkles both before and after the run, but not during. I felt fine, and ran at pretty much my normal pace. After the first 200 yards or so, the crowd thinned out enough that I wasn't worried about running into anyone, or anyone running into me.

I noticed that about a third of the runners were wearing headphones. I had thought that was bad form for these kinds of races (the sign-up forms had everyone explicitly agree to not wear them) It didn't seem to be an issue, but I think the threat of poor weather held the turn-out down. Maybe it's a bigger deal with larger crowds?

Next up is a longer run with more hills. I have more work to do to get ready for that!

No comments: