Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update

Ever since I visit Finn, Matt & Monte, I have not been writing here much. I doubt that will change this week, even though I have a backlog of things I want to blog about.

The owner of the kitchen where I work had a horrible weekend. Last Friday he had to put the family dog to sleep. Then on Saturday night, his 53 year old brother had a heart attack and died. When I talked to him on the phone Sunday afternoon, he sounded like he was in a bit of shock. I'm sure I would have sounded the same. He's spending this week in California with his family, which leaves me in charge of the kitchen this week.

So far, things have gone really well. I'm not too worried about the rest of the week, either, but it does take more energy being the "decider" for everything. All in all, its one more good experience to have in preparation for my future food related endeavors. I just wish it did not come about under such sad circumstances.

No comments: