Saturday, June 07, 2008

10 Most Recently Played in my iTunes

I usually exclude any podcasts that I've listened to in these lists, so this weekend I thought I would list in order the podcasts that I listen to most frequently.

  1. Left, Right, and Center
  2. World Cafe's Words and Music
  3. This American Life
  4. Washington Week (and the Washington Week Webcast Extra)
  5. The Brian Leher Show
  6. The Leonard Lopate Show
  7. The Splendid Table
  8. NPR Driveway Moments
  9. Fresh Air with Terry Gross
  10. On the Media

It's interesting that all of these podcasts are originally either radio or TV shows. I do occasionally listen to some podcasts that originated as podcasts (The Mac Observer's Mac Geek Gab, The New York Times' World View, the US National Soccer Team's official podcast, Paste Magazine's Culture Club, Barack Obama's weekly podcast during his first year and a half or so in the Senate, the podcasts for Lost and Battlestar Galactica) but podcasts are mostly a more convenient way for me to access traditional media.

When I lived in Washington, I listened to podcasts a lot more because of how much time I spent driving to work and at least one or two trips to Olympia each week. Today my commute is 5 minutes and the furthest I drive on a regular basis is to the downtown Costco every couple of weeks. That means that it is almost alway music playing on my truck's ipod.

No comments: