Sunday, June 08, 2008

BBQ, Beer, and the Blues

During the last weekend in May, some friends from Washington came to town for a visit. Peggie and Greg moved to Kansas City just after I did last fall, while Chuck and Sheila live in Olympia. We all played volleyball together for a couple of years.

Me, Chuck, Sheila, Peggie, Greg

Chuck was wise enough to know that a trip to Kansas City just wouldn't be complete with having some BBQ and listening to some blues. Sunday night we decided to do both at BB's Lawnside BBQ. The BBQ was just okay (ever since I started doing my own burnt ends about 6 or 7 years ago, I haven't been happy with any that I've had in a restaurant) but they served Boulevard Beer and the music was fun. I think that Peggie, Greg and I will probably make more trips to BB's Lawnside.

I don't have many pictures of the weekend because I either forgot to bring my camera along, or when I did remember the batteries were dead. The few that I do have can be see here.

No comments: