Thursday, March 20, 2008

Basketball

I think that March is my favorite time of the year in the sports world. (The Editor - don't you say that every August during NFL training camp, and then every 4 years when the World Cup comes around? Yeah. So what?) The NCAA basketball tournament, particularly the first weekend when there are 48 games played over 4 days, is always full of great stories and usually includes several wonderful upsets. Fortunately for me, it also comes during the local schools' spring break. Things are always slow at work when school is out, so my boss and I have not had very many interruptions while watching the games so far today.

The team I follow most closely, Oklahoma State, didn't make it to the tournament this year, and then they lost in their first game of the NIT. So, now I'm a Pitt fan. At halftime of their opening game, they have almost double the score of their opponent, so things look good so far.

No comments: