Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm back

I actually never went anywhere, but my computer is now back from the land of the flashing question mark.

I spent most of the day today installing a new hard drive, upgrading my OS (I figured that since I was replacing the hard drive and would need to reinstall all of my stuff from the backups anyway, this would be the right time to get the latest version of the Mac OS) and deciding which of the old programs and files I really wanted to keep. It had been about 10 days since I last made a backup, so I only really lost a few things, all of which I could redownload (a few podcasts and some credit card transaction into Quicken) I sure am glad that I started doing the backups on a more regular basis a few months ago.

Not the most fun way to spend a day off, but it was something that needed to be done. I'm now up and running with a faster and larger hard drive and the latest operating system. I plan to celebrate by watching the first part of the new HBO miniseries on John Adams.

No comments: