Sunday, April 13, 2008

10 Most Recently Played in my iTunes

  1. Gravedigger - Willie Nelson - Moment Of Forever
  2. Mi coraz - Gipsy Kings - The Very Best Of The Gipsy Kings II
  3. It Be's That Way Sometimes - Nina Simone - The Very Best Of Volume 2
  4. Volare (Nel Blu Di Pinto Di Blu) - Gipsy Kings -Mosaique
  5. Are You Alright? - Lucinda Williams - West
  6. Allegria (Instrumental) (Live) - Gipsy Kings - The Very Best Of The Gipsy Kings I
  7. How My Heart Behaves - Feist - The Reminder
  8. Right In Time (WXPN Live At The World Cafe) - Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road
  9. Everywhere I Go - Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris & Daniel Lanois - Teatro
  10. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues - The Definitive Collection
At work, we listen to Sirius Satellite Radio, and they have been playing Willie Nelson's cover of Dave Matthew's Gravedigger quite a bit the last few months. Despite being a big fan of Johnny Cash, I never really got into Willie Nelson. Gravedigger, though, grabbed my attention. I just picked up Nelson's most recent album, "Moment of Forever," this week. It's a bit uneven, but the good songs are really good. Nelson's voice seems to have gained depth with age (he's 74). I always remembered it as being a bit reedy or nasally, but it's not like that here. Nelson only wrote 3 of the songs of this album, but two of them are among my favorites here, Over You Again and Always Now. If you have never paid much attention to Willie Nelson before, it might be worthwhile for you to give this one a listen.

No comments: